Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: ASOS Hostage Heeled Sandals.

Okay, so when I first saw these shoes on the ASOS website I fell in love with them. I could not get them off my mind. I wanted them so badly but I just couldn't justify spending 72 dollars on a pair of heels that I couldn't try on. A few weeks later, I saw that ASOS was having a huge sale so I went online and checked if these beauties were on sale and they were! They were down to 36 dollars and I ordered them after talking to my husband about it. So this is where the review starts..

The shipping was amazing and fast. I ordered them on Monday and received them Saturday morning. The packaging was basic, nothing special. The shoe itself is pretty true to picture. No complaints there.



Unfortunately, I have VERY thin feet. (I'm a size 5 in US and a 3 in UK sizes.) And the straps on the shoes are a little too wide for my feet. I can make it work though. They are also about half a size too big but like I said, I can make it work. One more thing I don't particularly like is that when I walk in them, my foot moves and the shoe makes a suction noise. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I will have to use those gel sole inserts for heels to get rid of that aspect. The shoe is gorgeous and very well made. If you love this shoe and have an average width foot, then I strongly suggest you buy this shoe while its still on sale.


4 comments:

  1. Would you recommend going down a size? Because I have a thin foot as well and I'm usually a 7.5 or 8 so I'm not sure if I should purchase my usual size (38) or buy a 37!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely recommend going down a size on these. I'm a true size 5 and these fit me like a size 6.

      Delete
  2. Hey!
    just wondering, what do you think - if im between sizes, 7 works on me but mostly 7.5.
    should i order the 7 or smaller?
    thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, just wondering is it uncomfortable/weird to walk in with your pinkie toe behind the first 'bar'?

    I know you recommend going a size down, but would you recommend keeping to the usual size just so the pinkie toe would fit in and not be behind that 'bar'?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete